26 July 2009

Recent News

Well its all go at A-Team headquarters; bouldering, exploring, bolting and general shenanigans have been the rule of the day for the past few weeks.

Alby has been hitting the short and stout, like all good tea-tottlers stroking their teapots, and is getting close to a few of the Grampian's finest test-pieces. We're still in the process of sourcing footage/photos of his FA of The Eagle's Nest from last month.

The Big Man with Little Hands, Philby, has had some time off due to a back strain, however this has not stopped him initiating the development of a new super cave somewhere in the Southern Gramps. Sick Chad!

Not to be outdone, I've also taken the chance during my enforced break due to a pulley strain to completely let myself go. I haven't done as much as a pull up in about 3-4 weeks, and before that hadn't trained for 3-4 more. However in between eating pizza, drinking goon boxes like they were God's own elixir and walking down Chapel Street asking myself "WHY AM I HERE?" (still not sure of that one), I have managed to get up to Stapleton area and bolt a line that I'd eyed off for years. Just putting it out there - this thing is going to take me to a new level, even if I only get close to doing it. Hard is an understatement.

A-Team Friend News - Kent 'KP' Paterson dispatched his project at the Dungeon called Dungeons and Dragons 27, a minging thin balance fest with a ring finger mono, fully sick. Omar Cortes-Manzo aka. Slowpoke Rodriguez last week smashed Shanghai and Spanking the Monkey Bars both V8 on the same afternoon, shows that red beans and fried eggs in the morning does more than just cause arse hurricanes. Sutter's foot is almost free of its plaster shakle. Look out open projects, this man is now psyched.

Ok - I'm off to La Porchetta for the obligatory recover pizza following another night of weight loss (dancing stupidly to some shitty 90's house they play on Chapel St then repeating to psytrance and minimal tech in Brunswick)

- Grosey

No comments:

Post a Comment