02 June 2011

Captains Blog.... Reloaded.

You may have noticed (or probably not since there are only about 8 people who actually read this shit) that we have had a bit of a hiatus here at the Captains Blog. Not so much because nothing has been happening. On the contrary, there have been plenty of notable sends in the last 12 months or so, but I guess none of us have really bothered to write anything down.

Well, a bit like Michael Jordan, this old blog will attempt to come out of retirement and reach the lofty heights of yesteryear (I am obviously being sarcastic, we were always scraping the bottom of the barrel). Let's just say we will try and make it readable with minimal spelling mistakes for a start :)

I have been having a good think about this blog, it's content and what I want people to get out of it. I recently purchased a new HD handycam and have been playing around with making some climbing vids. My plan is to try and get a heap more photo's and videos up here to get people psyched to get out and on the rock and crush their projects. Also, if your keen to share, we would welcome any pics or video from others who would like to contribute to the blog.

In addition to more pics & vids, my new aim here is to report not only on the up's & downs, trials and tribulations (or in Joshy's case recent tantrums & current BMI) of the team, but post as many updates as I can on general climbing related happenings. A bit like what Jakey B & Deano were doing with Whipper-Mag (RIP), where they were reporting not only on ascents and happenings in the upper echelon, but taking the time to give kudos to people getting out there, trying their best and knocking over their projects... whatever the grade may be. I've noticed this has also started happening a bit on www.8a.nu which i think is great (Good job Lee).

In just over a weeks time, I will be heading to France with a crew of some of finest people you could ever hope to travel with for 5 weeks of climbing. I honestly can't wait, it's going to be an amazing experience. Sadly, the trip will be missing a few key ingredients though... If only I could add a pint of Ali-D, a sprinkle of Joshy, a dash of Big-Al, 2 cups of Alyssa, one red duck, one coach, a select portion of the Sydney crew, team Dr.-Dre and one small Asian dude the recipe for deliciousness would be complete. Alas, I cant bring them along but will see you all when we get back.

We have a cabin in the Gorges du Tarn and will be climbing at some of the world class crags in the area including the tarn itself, the Gorges De la roubie, Gorges de la Jonte & Cantobre. I will try to update the blog regulary with goings on, some pretty pictures and maybe even some video.

Until then, happy climbing.

Philby

No comments:

Post a Comment