21 May 2009

Thank God It's The Weekend Hey!

Well, its the start of my weekend anyway. Sitting in an office all week, cold calling hundreds of business', repeating the same sales pitch, all the while dreaming of that rad credit card crimp I was pulling off on Demon Flower just a day or two before. Depressing. However, money earned allows one to piss off Friday (or in this case Thursday) night, chuck the still damp tent, rank sleeping bag and dirty plate, bowl and fork in the car, crank the tunes, and battle the rest of the population out of the city with the blaring of a horn and a flick of the finger. 'Screw you all' I think as I move through the car park that is Alexander Pde. Secretly I think they should all envy me, for I alone have had the awesome idea that leaving the city for quieter, greener pastures for the next two days. Until they turn up in caravans, chainsaw in hand, screaming at the kids on bikes that breakfast is ready.

Now I know it may seem a tad hypocritical, considering I have had a hand in my fair share of noisy late night (and all night) ragers in campgrounds, but I reason my innocence by believing that I come out to the bush to get away from the luxuries and reliance of creature comforts we are bubble wrapped in, living in the city. This idea that it is still considered 'escaping', even though we take a portable version of out city selves.....rubbish. Over the long weekends, Stapylton resemebles a portable version of the Melbourne, along with its own traffic jams, nuffy drivers, warring neighbours and kids playing cricket on the street while the folks sit on the back porch by the BBQ nibbling Jats crackers and knocking back glasses of cheap chardy.

But, alas, this weekend will be awesome. I'm taking my Scottish mate Andy out bouldering for his first taste of Grampians sandstone. He's been here 3 months and still hasn't been out there.....what a chump hahaha! So for the weekend, yet again, and as will happen many many more times this year, i get to 'escape' the city life, forget everything that does't really matter anyway, and go climb some sweet, sweet orange sandstone with my mates. What could be better!?

Play safe this weekend kiddies. Happy birthday Timmy!

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment